Register now to walk with us to raise awareness of hearing loss in our community and to help support critical programs and services for children and adults with hearing loss.
- 48 million Americans have some form of hearing loss
- Excessive noise exposure is the #1 cause of hearing loss and is almost completely preventable with education and access to hearing protection
- 2 to 3 out of every 1,000 children are born deaf or hard-of-hearing
- More than 58,000 veterans are on disability for hearing loss, according to the Veterans Administration
- For older adults, untreated hearing loss significantly increases the risk of dementia and cognitive decline
- Each year, HEAR Wisconsin serves between 100-150 children and their families through its Langugage Access Services programs.
- HEAR WI's direct services and outreach are provided to more than 6,000 children and adults in Wisconsin each year