join our team
we're always looking for talented professionals with a passion for nonprofit work.
Position: Assistive Listening Device Store Associate
Job Type: Part-Time
HEAR Wisconsin, a local nonprofit organization that helps infants, children, and adults with hearing loss, is seeking a reliable part time customer service associate for its assistive listening device store. The associate will take direction from the Store Manager.
- Assist with hearing aid battery orders.
- Telecommunications Equipment Purchase Program (TEPP) Voucher form completion.
- TEPP Voucher application online entry.
- Assist with small, in-store sales.
- Provide backup support to the Store Manager.
- Other day-to-day tasks and special projects as they arise.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer service experience.
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor. Needs to feel comfortable interacting with elderly customers.
- Computer knowledge; Word, Excel.
- Fluent/some knowledge of American Sign Language (ASL) a plus, but not necessary for the position.
- Ability to coach elderly customers in how to use new technology.
- Interest in learning about the variety of technology available for individuals with hearing loss.
This is a part-time position.
Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to Laurie Flores at email@example.com.